Recently a good friend asked me to join a networking group that aims to help ready Americans (and others) for a move to France. Read More →
I have just arrived from a fantastic holiday on the island of Kos in Greece! I am busy adjusting to being back in the real world, and until I have time to actually write some decent posts, here are links to a few things that should provide good reading material in the meantime.
The amazing Mama over at HJ Underway wrote a post echoing my thoughts about speaking a language other than the local one, and the American language debate. Check it out, here.
My latest article for MyFrenchLife, talking about tennis in Paris, was published while I was away. You can read it, here.
Benny the super Irish Polyglot found my blog post about my addiction to excuses, and he posted it on his site, with some of his commentary (and EXCELLENT feedback in the comments for those of you looking to learn another language). Check out his site, here, and the blog where my addiction post makes an appearance, here.
Until next time! 😉
- French rugby fans are alllllllllllllmost as crazy as American football fans. Almost.
- If I can eat nachos, I will.
- I love throwing surprise birthday parties. Even if, on the following day, my apartment looks like Hurricane Irene was on the guest list.
- When in Europe, it’s important to know the difference between a messy shirt and a Messi shirt.
- It’s time for me to act like the confident, young (I can still say young, right?!) woman that I am.
- I no longer find it amusing when French people tell me to “get a French boyfriend” as a solution to my language-learning woes.
- A PS3 may have been one of the best investments I made in 2011.
- At the moment, having a French name is a relatively large disadvantage (Living in France + French name = people assuming you speak French).
- I will now start noticing Frog Prince images and references everywhere I go.
- I should not challenge men to drinking contests (unless tequila is involved?).
- I love Indian food way more than I initially realized.
- Sometimes all you need to feel refreshed is a haircut. A manicure doesn’t hurt either.
- Travel within Birmingham, UK requires a rental car. Or at least a lot of cash for taxis.
- It’s hard to write good blog posts when I’m on the road.
- It takes longer and longer for my body to recover after getting sick.
- I tend to complicate things.
- Oysters? Yes, please.
- For some reason, listening to music in only one ear gives me a headache.
- The beers in Munich are huge.
- When people start asking me about my dog, I can’t stop talking about her. ❤
- Dramamine is the best way to ensure sleep on a long flight.
- Letting go of grudges is much better than holding onto them.
- I have awesome friends (Okay, I definitely already knew this. But I was certainly reminded recently!).
- Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Even if I am vegetarian.
- I like red nail polish.