Here’s some irony for you: I arrived in Paris on May 19 of this year. On the date of my six-month anniversary of living in Paris–November 19–I spent my day traveling… to the US (more about that later).
I thought I’d take a minute to put together a little recap of the things I’ve accomplished so far, as well as the things I have yet to do. In no particular order, I present to you, dear readers, my…
List of Amazing and Not-So-Amazing Accomplishments:
- I have made some friends.
- I have tried many wines.
- I have tried some cheeses.
- I have gotten my own apartment.
- I have learned the places to go (and not to go) in my neighborhood for most of my needs.
- I rented a bicycle and rode it across the city. Twice. (I also fell off of said bicycle-once.)
- I have visited four new countries (with at least two more on the horizon before the year’s end).
- I have, from afar, thrown my Dad a surprise 50th birthday party (with the help of some awesome friends and family!).
- I have conducted my first international interviews as a moderator.
- I have watched my first full rugby game.
- I have gotten closer to some of my best friends.
- I have reconnected with some old friends.
- I have found a really great guy who makes me really happy and want to be a better person.
- I have hosted one surprise birthday party, and one dinner/sports party.
- I have put together several pieces of furniture.
Although I am proud of myself for what I’ve been able to do so far, I also have another list containing the things I have yet to do that I hope to:
- SPEAK FRENCH!
- Figure out where to get a decent pedicure in Paris (ladies – this is harder than you think!).
- Moderate more interviews.
- Keep in better touch with a few friends and family members that I haven’t been able to connect with.
- Start actually learning about wine, instead of just enjoying it.
- Take more pictures using my digital SLR.
- Post more pictures on my blog.
- Get back into tennis.
- Spend some time looking at art.
- Visit more new countries.
- Become a better writer.
- Finish making my apartment a home.
- Successfully encourage more friends from home to come for a visit.
- Take a vacation somewhere other than the US.
- Make more friends.
All do-able, right? Now I get to look forward to May when I can see exactly how many things from this new list I will be able to cross off. 😉
I love your check-up! Bonne idée. Actually today make 6 months for me here in France!
Congratulations! Maybe you should do a check-up too?! 🙂