I had two posts that I planned to publish this week, but they are still waiting as lowly drafts thanks to the stomach flu that decided to grace me with its presence. But while I was laid up for a few days, I learned some interesting things, so I thought I’d share…
- I forgot how much I love the show Friends.
- I miss American-style grilled cheese (why on earth…?!).
- There is a very nice, English-speaking doctor not too far from where I work. Victory!
- Crappy French daytime TV is better than Glee in English. Yeah, I went there.
- Spending three days in my own head is enough to create unnecessary problems.
- When strangers show up unexpectedly in your home for some obligatory service you were unaware you needed to have done while you are sweating and trying not to get sick, you will most certainly begin to feel worse.
- Being ill is much more difficult to endure when it’s absolutely gorgeous outside.
- I can handle a fever. I can handle an upset stomach. I can handle body aches. But combine the three and you can call me Ms. Cranky Pants.
- Toast with a super-thin layer of PB works best for me as my safe-for-the-stomach food.
- Being told you look pretty when you feel (and undoubtedly look) like death is probably the best medicine. EVER.