- You can drink alcohol in public in Paris.
- I cannot walk from the arrondissement where I work to the one where I live after dark.
- I understand more French than I think I do.
- The guy at the salad bar I frequent has a crush on me.
- The view from Montparnasse Tower is pretty spectacular!
- Cocktails are sometimes referred to as cocktails, but other times are referred to as “long drinks.”
- A PlayStation 3 purchased in the US and plugged into an outlet in Paris will not blow up/catch on fire/self-destruct.
- Eastern Europeans wear their wedding rings on their right hands, and now some Western Europeans are following suit.
- I enjoy running with a running partner! (And, subsequently, I also learned that I can run further and for longer while with one.)
- Fresh baguette + goat cheese = pure bliss (and my friend Célia tells me I need to try adding honey)
- Sometimes you just have to let go. And sometimes you just have to trust people.
- Rain during a picnic does not necessarily ruin said picnic.
- I don’t know anything about life.
- Black sheath dress + black heels + metro at night = uncomfortable
- Sometimes the best sentences are spoken without using words.
- The tolerance required to consume as much wine as is common in French culture is higher than my own. But I’m working on it.
- No, I don’t care that you are from NYC and used to be in a band. And no, I won’t go to a concert with you tomorrow. (Something I learned, but the guy did not)
- Sharing a dinner table with strangers is a recipe for a good time… even if you don’t speak their language.
- Sophia thinks I sing “like a Disney Princess.” (Is that good or bad?)
- I LOVE laughing. And when other people laugh. And when we laugh together.
- I miss the NFL like WOAH. (Must… find… way… to attend… yearly… Patriots game!!! Ugh!)
- Things change fast. Roll with it.