- The term “on the wagon” comes from the days of hangings and beheadings in England. Prisoners about to be executed were allowed to stop at a pub on the way to their death and get drunk, while the executioners, having a job to do, had to wait outside. On the wagon.
- Although I didn’t get pooped on this time, I was told that receiving the gift of droppings from a pigeon is good luck.
- The Hard Rock Cafe in London is apparently the first of its kind.
- London is the home to some ridiculous cars. I saw my first ever bubble-gum pink, matte-finish Bentley, as well as a mirror-finish silver Mercedes, to name a few.
- Buckingham Palace is boring.
- Cabbies in London’s infamous “black cabs” are among the nicest I’ve ever had the pleasure of being driven by.
- All the best sites to see in London close early, even on weekends.
- People in costume dressed up as Henry VIII and others in his royal household make me giggle.
- Prostitutes have business cards.
- If my New England family members and friends still think that they live in the weirdest weather on earth… you haven’t been to London.