- When in doubt, hop on a plane to a Greek Island. You won’t be disappointed.
- Bee stings do hurt.
- I am not allergic to bees.
- Beach + sun beds + the ability to order food and drinks while sea side = paradise
- I already knew that I needed meds to be on a boat, but now I know how to recognize puking passengers and distribute meds accordingly.
- A sunburn-free holiday is the best holiday.
- A 3-island boat cruise on the Arch Angel Michael departing from the port in Kos Town is not a bad way to spend a day.
- Taking the Katerina for the above-mentioned boat tour probably would have been better, though.
- When in Kos, Shrimp or Prawn Saganaki is a must.
- Making friends with the guy in the Red Sox shirt may result in two free shots of Jager.
- Local live music is never a bad idea.
- Driving a four-wheeler is fun!! (I could very well be late to the game on this one)
- The Oromedon Restaurant in Zia is great for sunsets, not so great for vegetarians.
- I suck at pool (wait… maybe I already knew that).
- The island of Kos is a holiday hotspot for Brits.
- That means tons of bars have big screen TVs and are otherwise equipped for football (soccer) games.
- If you’re hungry on Kos, look for a Taverna.
- If you don’t find a Taverna, be prepared for less-than-mediocre meals from kitchens that offer everything from nachos to indian food… on the same menu.
- Donkeys really do make hee-haw noises. At all hours of the day or night.
- I like to wear the color yellow.
So I had planned on visiting Delphi yesterday and Poseidon’s Temple today but my plans have been thwarted!
Yesterday I had a little bit of a sore throat and canceled my trip in lieu of taking it easy. It was definitely a hard choice because Delphi was one of the sites I wanted to see the most, but I really feel like I can’t afford to get myself in rough shape. Not with more travel up ahead and a wedding to be in (yay Mattie!).
Today I was feeling good enough to venture out, and decided to take the bus to Cape Sounio which is where Poseidon’s Temple can be found. But alas! I waited for two hours on a bus that is supposed to depart hourly and none ever arrived.
So instead I bought the last of the souvenirs I wanted to get, and am packing my things and calling it an early night. Tomorrow makes for a LONG travel day back to the States.
Can’t wait to see everyone, and will keep you posted on my next travel adventure! Though I’m sure the next pictures I post will be wedding shots. Awwww …
So today was my first official trip outside of Athens, and I journeyed to Nafplion – a coastal city about 2 hours from the capital.
Of course the Acropolis is the pride and joy of Greece and with good cause, but Nafplion is certainly a well-kept secret. The town is really nice with lots of good shopping, but best of all, it has a castle built on top of a hill with lots to explore and amazing views! In fact, I took MORE photos today than I did the day I explored Acropolis. It’s going to be hard to choose my favorites to show you, but here’s my attempt:
So those are a few of the pictures I took today. These pictures really don’t do Nafplion justice. I wish everyone could have been here with me!
Tomorrow is a new site… and it’s a surprise.
Good evening from Athens!
Today I spent a relaxing day doing a little souvenir shopping, and exploring a few more of the ancient sites you can find within Athens. Here are some shots:
So those were a few of my favorite shots of the day, but I have a lot more.
I only have three days left in Greece to get in all the sight-seeing I can, so I’m going to make he best of it.
So I’ve gotten lots of emails and a few comments that people are reading the blog and liking it! I’m so glad to hear that!!
I just wanted to post an update to let everyone know that the last 48 hours have had me tied up at the conference I’m attending, so I’m still alive and well! The conference was actually GREAT in so many ways. I learned a ton, met a lot of great people, and loved being surrounded by peers from all over the world. Ahhhh my cup of tea…
Coming up I have five straight days off from work in which to explore Athens and other parts of Greece. I’m excited to catch up on sleep and get back to seeing the world. Can’t wait to update you all!
So after seeing the dancers practicing their performance at the amphitheater near the Acropolis today, I decided to stop at the box office and ask when the show was. Turns out it was tonight. It also turns out that they’re only doing one performance.
In the amphitheater.
As with most things I’ve experienced so far on this trip… It. Was. Awesome.
Wonder what Tuesday has in store?
There really aren’t words to describe the Acropolis and it’s many sights…
Exploring today has been great! And now I’m off to meet the president of an international marketing and research organization in a dinner full of colleagues… Sounds more like fun than work, eh?
I don’t want to bore you with the details of my day, so I’ll let some of my photos speak for themselves. Enjoy!
That’s it for now. Stay tuned